Who am I? My name is Ellie and live in Nürnberg, Deutschland, with my hilarious German husband. I’m a pastry chef and a librarian. Also, I’m a bit of a writer (at least when I work at it).
Here are some factoids about me, I:
- can be a bit of a homebody, and sometimes I get ideas to knit and paint. These are all very bad and dangerous ideas, and if I ever write that I’m thinking of taking up these hobbies, please remind me of this.
- hate peas, the smell, the look… everything about them.
- would unfortunately be the good-intentioned villain in a superhero movie.
- make up songs throughout the day just to annoy The German. For revenge, The German pretends not to hear or understand English sometimes just to annoy me. It works.
- spend an inordinate amount of time laughing about odds and ends, that out of context looks quite strange. If you ever meet me and I’m laughing about something, just laugh along so I feel like less of a weirdo.
- love Star Wars, Star Trek (although not religiously), Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, everything X-Men, Dune, the Marvel universe, Batman….. I do not like Superman though, go figure.
- am that person at the party that usually doesn’t understand the joke, but laughs as if I did and then thinks about it for hours later.
- can talk about food, baking. cooking and such till I’m blue in the face. I read Bon Appetit, and spend a crazy amount of time in the kitchen perfecting a recipe.
- am always on the lookout for new friends, so feel free to message me/comment, and I will get back to you!